We craft our jewelry with love and great care. We believe that making pieces with a timeless aesthetic and a good quality will ensure that they remain your companion for many years. Appropriate care and attention while using your jewelry will make them look nicer and last longer. Below you can find some care instructions for our gold-plated, sterling silver and solid gold jewelry.
GOLD-PLATED JEWELRYTo ensure best quality, we gold plate our jewelry with a strong layer of gold. With proper care, your jewelry should remain beautiful for many years:
- Do not expose the jewelry to water unnecessarily. Salt or chlorine water in particular can cause tarnishing
- Avoid putting the jewelry in contact with cosmetic products and perfume
- Never wear your jewelry in sauna or sulfur baths. It can greatly damage the plating
- Avoid hitting the jewelry against other pieces of jewelry or against hard surfaces as it can scratch it and cause chipping
STERLING SILVER JEWELRYSterling silver jewelry should remain bright when worn regularly. When unworn for a long time, silver can tarnish.
- Avoid storing your silver jewelry in places where humidity is high (e.g. bathroom). This accelerates oxidation / tarnishing.
- To restore your jewelry's natural beauty, you can rub the surface with a silver-polishing cloth or other soft, non-abrasive cloth.
- If the tarnish is too strong, you can use soft dishwashing soap or non-abrasive toothpaste and then rinse the jewelry with water.
SOLID GOLD JEWELRY
With proper care. solid gold jewelery keeps its beautiful shine for a lifetime.
- You can keep it on for showering and bathing.
- If your piece of jewelery does get dirty, you can carefully polish it with a soft, non-abrasive cloth.
- Or you can use some soft soap and then rinse the jewelry with water
- A matte polished surface always becomes a little bit shinier with time, and a glossy polished surface always becomes a little more matte due to the inevitable wear and tear and the creation overtime of fine scratches.
It is important to us that you enjoy your gold jewelery for a lifetime. Upon request, we will re-polish your piece of jewelry to make it shinier or more matte.
If you need more information on how to take care of your BAIUSHKI jewelry, don't hesitate to contact us.